On May 12th 1916 Herba was established in Vienna as an association of pharmacists for pharmacists. 1923 it was transformed into a corporation.
Over the course of time, Herba grew through its investments and aquisitions. The expansion into all of Austria started in 1950 along with the opening of new branch offices.
In 1997 Herba Chemosan Apotheker-AG emerged from the merger of Herba, Chemosan and Pharmazent. In 1998 Sanova was formed from the merger of Salus Braumapharm and Schoeller-Pharma.
In 2000 Herba Chemosan Apotheker-AG became part of McKesson Europe AG (vormals Celesio AG), the leading European healthcare-provider.
Since 2014 McKesson Corporation with its headquarter in San Francisco (USA) is the majority shareholder of McKesson Europe AG. www.mckesson.com